The best things about this recipe is the ability to change up any of the ingredients and still have an amazing dish. I usually use a variation of 3 different ingredients.
MEAT + CHEESE + VEGGIE
Soy Chorizo + manchego + spinach
- Package of (Trader Joes) Soy Chorizo or the real stuff
- 8 whole eggs
- 1/2 -1 cup of egg whites only (can buy separated)
- shredded manchego cheese to your liking
- spinach to your liking
- a pinch of salt and pepper (more salt if you are not using chorizo – since chorizo is salty)
- Cook chorizo in pan
- Add desired amount of spinach to pan
- Put chorizo and spinach in baking pan (spread out over baking pan)
- Whisk whole eggs and egg whites together
- Pour eggs in baking pan with chorizo and spinach, then add some shredded cheese within mixture
- Put light amount of shredded manchego cheese on top
- Put in oven at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes (may vary with oven)
I usually make this on Sundays, cut them into squares, and eat them for breakfast. A super fast and easy breakfast! It really does make your day so much easier when you aren’t hassling in the morning with cooking and a mess. I have made many variations of this dish. My last egg bake had turkey, onion, broccoli, and cheddar cheese.
I hope your dish comes out egg-tastic!